Where I share some inspiration while planning for travel

Life has been crazy (not like I honestly expected things to change in these few days). I have my travel orders in hand (it's official!) and have booked my flight through SATO, the official government travel agency. I'll be taking a red eye out Saturday night and arriving in the buttcrack of dawn on Sunday, thus eliminating a need to pay for an extra night of hotel. DOS pays per diem and lodging starting the day before training starts, so if I wanted to get into town early I would have to pay my own way. Why do I have such genius ideas, I know...




In other news, I've rented out my place in LA! It's such a giant poodle off my chest to be able to find a good renter to leave my California home with.



Coffee and I are a bit sad about losing the first place we were able to call ours together. We did so much of the work (ok, Coffee did while I took naps everywhere), decorated, adopted the little fluff ball, and just had so many things go well for us both. He had his promotion while working here and we spent many hours messaging each other at work. Even though we've been apart for two years already with his job, it feels like the final cutting of the cord to leave my job and our little home here.


But as motivation, I watched a gorgeous time lapse video by a friend of mine. I'm looking forward to globe trotting, even if it means being connected to Coffee by a thin red string.  Enjoy!

 
                                  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts